Introduction to the Arcane Mage
Arcane provides impressive AoE. Its powerful cleave makes it a strong candidate in dungeons and raid encounters with multiple targets. The Arcane Mage is perfectly suited to nuking down high priority targets. It also provides some of the strongest instant pressure and burst damage out of all classes.
As with other Mage specialisations, Arcane is exceptional at doing encounter specific jobs like soaking mechanics. Arcane excels at pure single-target fights, where it can keep up with almost every class.
Arcane is also the only Mage specialisation with access to Greater Invisibility, making it very strong to deal with heavy incoming damage.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Arcane Mage, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Arcane Mage
- High burst damage
- Strong AoE
- Exceptional mobility
- Reliant on cooldowns for single-target damage
- Lacks on multi-target fights
- Gets punished hard by mechanics
|15||Amplification||Rule of Threes ✅||Arcane Familiar|
|30||Mana Shield||Shimmer ✅||Slipstream|
|45||Incanter’s Flow||Mirror Image||Rune of Power ✅|
|60||Resonance||Charged Up ✅||Supernova|
|75||Chrono Shift ✅||Ice Ward||Ring of Frost|
|90||Reverberate||Touch of the Magi ✅||Nether Tempest|
|100||Overpowered ✅||Time Anomaly||Arcane Orb|
Rotation of the Arcane Mage
The basic rotation for the Arcane Mage is as follows:
- Cast Charged Up if you have 1 or less Arcane Charge.
- Cast Arcane Blast
- Place Rune of Power.
- Cast Arcane Power.
- Cast Presence of Mind
- Cast Arcane Blast.
- Cast Evocation when out of Mana.
- Arcane Power is your main damaging cooldown.
- Time Warp increases Haste by 30% for 40 seconds for all party and raid members within 100 yards.
- Evocation restores 100% of your mana bar over a 6 second channelled time.
- Critical Strike;
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob