Introduction to the Mistweaver Monk
The Mistweaver specialisation is versatile. Different talent choices allow it to fit the requirements of the raid very well. Mistweavers can heal both tanks and the raid very well.
For raids, Mistweavers are a middle tier healer. We provide unparalleled single-target healing, as well as consistent, reliable AoE throughput.
Based on talent choices, Mistweavers can be either unparalleled tank healers with strong area of effect throughput, or damage dealing mobile raid healers. Mistweaver Monks are one of the only healing classes that allow you to heal most whilst on the move, which can be very useful in boss encounters that require high mobility.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Mistweaver Monk, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Be sure to check out our guide on which healer should you pick here
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Some of the strongest single-target healing in the game
- Incredibly mobile, though a combination of movement abilities and spells that can be cast while moving
- Very tanky, having access to two separate personal defensive cooldowns
- Weak burst raid healing outside of Revival
- Mana management can be difficult for newer players to pick up
Rotation for the Mistweaver Monk
The basic rotation for the Mistweaver Monk is as follows:
- For single target healing you should use Vivify
- When dealing with constant incoming damage channel Soothing Mist
- If target has high incoming damage cast Enveloping Mist
- Renewing Mist should be used on cooldown, unless there is no damage to be healed
You can use the recommended Addon ConRo for help with your rotation, it can be found in our Addons Guide here
- Life Cocoon is a single-target healing cooldown, which places a absorb shield around a target
- Thunder Focus Tea is an active ability with a 30-second cooldown that empowers your next Renewing Mist, Rising Sun Kick, Enveloping Mist, or Vivify
- Revival is a raid-wide heal, which also removes any Magical, Disease or Poison effects from all targets.
- Critical Strike
- Mastery = Versatility
A good rule of thumb while gearing up for raids, is to just acquire as much item level as possible while preferring less Haste.