Introduction to the Vengeance Demon Hunter
Vengeance Demon Hunter gameplay features a mix between healing and damage mitigation, with high-uptime active mitigation but with low cost. It has the ability to frequently mitigate magic damage, and extremely high burst healing potential. They also do well against Magic damage.
Currently, Vengeance is ranked low in both Mythic+ and Raiding. They are more than able to clear nearly any content however.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Vengeance Demon Hunter, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Very high mobility
- Strong group utility, especially via Chaos Brand
- High tank DPS
- Cheat Death-style talent
- Utility is heavily dungeon based and not useful in raids
- Major cooldowns are severely lacking
- Lacks defensive cooldowns
|99||Abyssal Strike ✅||Agonizing Flames||Razor Spikes|
|100||Feast of Souls||Fallout ✅||Burning Alive|
|102||Flame Crash ✅||Charred Flesh||Felblade|
|104||Soul Rending||Feed the Demon ✅||Fracture|
|106||Concentrated Sigils ✅||Quickened Sigils||Sigil of Chains|
|108||Gluttony||Spirit Bomb ✅||Fel Devastation|
|110||Last Resort ✅||Void Reaver||Soul Barrier|
Rotation of the Vengeance Demon Hunter
The basic rotation for the Vengeance Demon Hunter is as follows:
- Spirit Bomb if 4 or more Souls are active.
- Immolation Aura if you will not cap on Pain/Souls.
- Soul Cleave 1-2 times after Spirit Bomb or when you need to dump pain while taking Gluttony.
- Shear as a filler/if you will not cap on Pain/Souls
- Throw Glaive as a filler.
Metamorphosis increases your current and maximum health by 50%, and your Armor by 200% for 15 seconds.
Torment is your only taunting ability. It only works on a single target and has an 8-second cooldown. It forces the target to attack you for 3 seconds, and also increases the threat you generate against that target for the same duration.
- Critical Strike
There aren’t any set stat numbers to shoot for. You do not go for a certain percentage of anything.
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob