Introduction to the Demonology Warlock
Demons are leeches of the living universe by their very own nature. The Demonology Warlock mastered harnessing the power of these malefic beings for his or her own advantage in the field of battle. Warlocks harvest the souls of their enemies, and those specialized in the ways of demonology use this life essence to tap into the void and pull all manner of abominating creatures from the chaos of the Twisting Nether. While this practice is often considered by outsiders to be reckless, the demonologist maintains absolute control over his summoned Demons, empowered and beholden to the will of the Warlock.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Demonology Warlock, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Demonology Warlock
- High single target damage
- Efficient cleave damage
- High mobility
- Weaker but shorter cooldowns compared to Affliction or Destruction
- Some ramp up required
- Limited multi-target options
Rotation of the Demonology Warlock
The basic rotation of the Demonology Warlock
- Cast Implosion with at least 3 imps to maintain the Explosive Potential buff, if you have at least 1 of these traits
- Cast Grimoire: Felguard whenever available
- Use Demonic Strength whenever available
- Cast Call Dreadstalkers whenever available
- Cast Hand of Gul’dan if you have 4-5 Soul Shards
- Cast Hand of Gul’dan with 3 Soul Shards
- Cast Shadow Bolt to generate Soul Shards
- Summon Demonic Tyrant is the main DPS cooldown for Demonology. Tyrant has a short cast time to summon, lasts 15 seconds, and has a 90 second cooldown.
- Soul Link causes 20% of the damage you take to be taken by your pet instead
- Soul Leech grants an absorption shield for 8% of all single target damage done, up to a maximum of 10% of maximum player health
- Demonic Gateway creates two points which players can travel between by interacting with the gates. Players may only use the gateway once every 90 seconds.
The stat priority for the Demonology Warlock is:
- Mastery = Critical Strike
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob