Introduction to the Havoc Demon Hunter
Havoc Demon Hunter is predominantly a builder spender style rotation and is largely Global Cooldown locked. The core game style is taking advantage of your Fury pool and reacting to unpredictable gains. This class is probably one of the fastest classes to play so following a guide will ensure you correctly use high burst cooldowns and windows to push yourself even further.
Havoc still likely remains a dominant melee specialisation due to the power of the Chaos Brand debuff, and its versatile damage toolkit in most situations. Alongside this the utility tools such as Darkness and Netherwalk bolster its place in the raid
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Havoc Demon Hunter, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Havoc Demon Hunter
- Strong burst single target damage
- Extremely powerful cooldowns for high damage requirement moments
- Flexible mobility allowing for great positioning control in encounters
- Strong group utility, especially via Chaos Brand
- AoE is tied to cooldowns, which hurts sustained damage
- Some RNG is built into the resource system.
- If cooldowns not available , damage can be lackluster
- Some talents have problems with certain encounter types.
|99||Blind Fury||Demonic Appetite||Felblade ✅|
|100||Insatiable Hunger||Demon Blades||Immolation Aura ✅|
|102||Trail of Ruin ✅||Fel Mastery||Fel Barrage|
|104||Soul Rending ✅||Desperate Instincts||Netherwalk|
|106||Cycle of Hatred||First Blood ✅||Dark Slash|
|108||Unleashed Power||Master of the Glaive||Fel Eruption ✅|
Rotation of the Havoc Demon Hunter
The basic rotation for the Havoc Demon Hunter is as follows:
- Cast Metamorphosis if available and not active.
- Use Immolation Aura.
- Use Eye Beam.
- Cast Demon’s Bite to generate Fury.
You can use the recommended Addon ConRo for help with your rotation, it can be found in our Addons Guide here
- Metamorphosis is a powerful 30-second duration transformation buff on a long cooldown, with a flat 25% increase to Haste allowing for more ability uses while active.
- Using Eye Beam is either cast on cooldown in single-target situations, but only if you can safely channel for the full duration, or at pressure points in a fight where a large stack of enemies will be available for high burst AoE.
- Critical Strike = Haste
Note here that Mastery is significantly lower than the other options; if it can be avoided, it should be. Some talent builds offer a slightly better performance with it, but it never reaches the level of alternatives.
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob