Introduction to the Enhancement Shaman
Intense communion with fire, earth, air, and water isn’t exclusive to the elemental shaman. In many ways, enhancement shaman similarly bond with nature and leverage its power on the battlefield. What distinguishes them in their training—and in their connection with the elements—is their combat methodology. These shaman favor empowering their physical attacks with elemental energies and facing their adversaries up close. They don’t shy from the frontlines, wielding magically augmented weapons, potent elemental attacks, and totems that shape the tide of battle.
Losing the artifact has diluted some parts of what made Enhancement strong within the Legion landscape, however its ability to maintain a strong sustained damage package should not be underestimated. It can feel quite susceptible to damage however with a lack of strong defensive tools, so requires a good amount of awareness to stay safe.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Enhancement Shaman, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Enhancement Shaman
- Strong sustained single target damage
- Flexible, can mesh with a number of different encounter styles
- Able to funnel AoE and cleave into single target, gaining a large amount of priority target damage
- High variance in burst due to Stormbringer
- Reliant on uptime, so can be punished in very high movement encounters
- Relies heavily on gear to enable certain damage profiles, which can be restrictive
Rotation of the Enhancement Shaman
The basic rotation of the Enhancement Shaman is as follows:
- Cast Flametongue if the buff is not active
- Cast Feral Spirit on cooldown
- Use Ascendance
- Cast Sundering
- Swing Rockbiter if below 70 Maelstrom and about to reach 2 charges
- Cast Flametongue if the buff has less than 4.5 seconds remaining
- Use Lava Lash if above 40 Maelstrom
- Cast Flametongue with nothing else available
You can use the recommended Addon ConRo for help with your rotation, it can be found in our Addons Guide here
Feral Spirit summons two wolves to fight for you for 15 seconds.
The stat priority of the Enhancement Shaman is
- Critical Strike = Versatility
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob