Introduction to the Brewmaster Monk
Brewmaster is the tanking specialization of Monks. Brewmasters do not overly rely on avoiding damage through dodging and parrying attacks. Instead, they have an unique way of dealing with damage. This is called Staggering , which causes a portion of damage to be done to the Monk instantly. The rest of the damage is done over the course of 10 seconds.
Mainly for these reasons, Brewmasters benefit from a steady and relatively easily-healed damage intake. They make strong tanks in PvE, always making a valuable asset to the raid as a whole.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Brewmaster Monk, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Brewmaster Monk
- Very strong against single large hits
- Mobility is high
- Mild self-healing
- Less self sufficient than some other tanks.
Rotation of the Brewmaster Monk
The basic rotation for the Brewmaster Monk is as follows:
- Cast Keg Smash on cooldown.
- Use Blackout Strike when ever avaliable.
- If talented, cast Rushing Jade Wind before it falls off.
- Cast Tiger Palm if there is nothing else to do.
- Fortifying Brew should be used whenever you are about to take a large amount of damage.
- Zen Meditation allows you to greatly mitigate the damage abilities with a cast time (since the cast time allows you to time Zen Meditation perfectly).
- Provoke is your single target taunt.
- Critical Strike = Versatility
Brewmaster stats are really close together. You should wear the highest item level gear you have available, while trying to avoid Haste but gain Mastery.