Introduction to the Balance Druid
Balance Druids use the power of the Sun and Moon to deal damage to foes from afar. Balance can call stars to fall on all your enemies, or burn your enemies with the power of the Sun. The Balance specialization provides an entertaining and challenging rotation, and it performs well in terms of both single and multiple target DPS.
Balance Druids shine in multiple target fights due to their ability to multi-DoT, and they also have good mobility due to their instant cast spells. However, while Balance Druid multi-target is strong, it still requires some set-up/ramp-up time and is not very bursty, resulting in other classes outperforming them in this area.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Balance Druid, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Balance Druid
- Amazing single target burst and sustained DPS with the ability to multi-DoT
- Very mobile toolkit
- Very tanky to various attacks and abilities
- good portion of cleave is limited to an 8-yard radius
- Single Target rotation can be highest output up to 7-targets
- Weak multi-target burst and mediocre multi-target sustained DPS
Rotation of the Balance Druid
- Cast Starsurge to consume Astral Power
- Cast Celestial Alignment
Innervate is a buff you can place on an allied healer, which allows them to cast spells free of Mana cost for 12 seconds.
Barkskin is the main defensive cooldown for Balance Druids.
Soothe removes one enrage effect off your target. Druids are one of two classes with this ability.
Solar Beam is the silencing ability for Balance Druids.
The stat priority for the Balance Druid is:
- Haste = Critical Strike