Introduction to the Elemental Shaman
Among Shaman, those whom call themselves Elemental are those who chose the powers of Storms and Lightnings to strike their enemies down. Like other Shaman they also have powerful spells attuned to the waters, to the earth and to the flames to aid them in their fights. Shaman can also bind elementals to their will, using them against their enemies for short periods of time.
Elemental can also provide very significant burst damage, allowing them to surge ahead during short damage checks or dungeon bosses. Overall, this specialization has a tool or talent for every scenario, although its sustained single target damage might be lacking.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Elemental Shaman, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Elemental Shaman
- Potential for very good burst damage for Single Target and Cleave/AoE.
- Excellent Utility outside of Raids.
- Talent choices allow for excellent flexibility and varied playstyles.
- No burst mobility.
- Most survivability tools are talent-related and can be awkward to use properly.
- Tends to be outclassed by other specialisations outside of specific situations.
Rotation of the Elemental Shaman
The basic rotation of the Elemental Shaman is as follows:
- Cast Totem Mastery if any of the following are true
- Apply Flame Shock if any of the following are true
- Cast Fire Elemental if it is off cooldown
- Cast Earth Elemental if it is off cooldown
- Cast Stormkeeper whenever available
- Launch Earth Shock if you have 90 or more Maelstrom
- Fire Lava Burst whenever available
- Cast Frost Shock if any
- Icefury buff is active
- Cast Lightning Bolt as a filler on a single target
Fire Elemental is a 2.5-minute cooldown that summons a powerful Fire Elemental for 30 seconds.
The stat priority of the Elemental Shaman is
- Critical Strike
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob