Introduction to the Fire Mage
The Fire specialisation is brilliant at delivering both burst and sustained damage on a variety of fight types. Fire cleaves efficiently on stacked targets. Fire really shines on fights where a multitude of stacked targets all have equal or high priority.
Like all Mage specialisations, Fire has high mobility and is fantastic at doing encounter specific jobs and baiting mechanics. Overall, Fire is performing very well in a lot of situations, which makes it a great choice to play in all content.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Fire Mage, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Fire Mage
- Outstanding cleave damage without giving up any single target damage
- Great burst DPS, making it great at nuking down high priority adds quickly
- Loses very little DPS from movement
- No spread cleave or multidot capability
- Cleave is automatic, making damage stops on stacked targets practically impossible without stopping dps.
|15||Firestarter ✅||Pyromaniac||Searing Touch|
|30||Blazing Soul||Shimmer ✅||Blast Wave|
|45||Incanter’s Flow||Mirror Image||Rune of Power ✅|
|60||Flame On ✅||Alexstrasza’s Fury||Phoenix Flames|
|75||Frenetic Speed ✅||Ice Ward||Ring of Frost|
|90||Flame Patch ✅||Conflagration||Living Bomb|
Rotation of the Fire Mage
The basic rotation for the Fire Mage is as follows:
- Place Rune of Power
- Cast Meteor
- Cast Combustion when it is off cooldown
- Place Rune of Power if it has 2 charges
- Use Scorch if you have to move and have no instant casts to burn
You can use the recommended Addon ConRo for help with your rotation, it can be found in our Addons Guide here
- Combustion is a DPS cooldown. It lasts 10 seconds, and increases your Mastery
- Time Warp increases Haste by 30% for 40 seconds for all party and raid members.
The stat priority for Fire Mage is:
- Critical Strike
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob