Introduction to the Outlaw Rogue
Outlaw is a fantastic jack of all trades that can comfortably handle any situation or fight type. they can also deal a fair amount of single target damage but have a high variance doing so because of randomness from Roll the Bones rolls. Especially with the changes to Blade Flurry Outlaw rogues have a strong AoE burst at the cost of potential phases without any AoE damage.
Overall it is not as versatile as Assassination, but it has a lot more potential than Subtlety.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Outlaw Rogue, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Outlaw Rogue
- Strong cleave and AoE
- Highly versatile
- Exceptional defensive utility
- Variance in damage output
- Weak in spread AoE
- Average single target damage
Rotation of the Outlaw Rogue
The basic rotation for the Outlaw Rogue is as follows:
- Cast 4-5 Combo Point Roll the Bones
- Activate Adrenaline Rush
- Cast Dispatch at 4-5 Combo Points.
- Cast Sinister Strike to generate Combo Points
- Cast Blade Flurry if there are 2+ targets.
- Adrenaline Rush increases Energy regeneration by 60%, attack speed by 20%
The stat priority for the Outlaw Rogue is:
- Critical Strike
Pro Healer (If I’m tabbed in), otherwise a total Moob