Introduction to the Retribution Paladin
Holy warriors of the light, Retribution Paladin’s game play and performance changes positively in almost every scenario. The only scenario where we continue to struggle are encounter where enemies are spread across the room. Ret Paladins buff their allies with Greater Blessings and can find value in their utility in both pve and pvp situations. Provides strong single target burst and moderate AE burst with decent sustain.
Below you will find a beginners guide to the Retribution Paladin, you can click on highlighted abilities, for a more in depth description of them.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the Retribution Paladin
- Great single-target burst & sustained damage
- High AoE burst & sustained damage
- Can switch targets without downsides
- Low mobility
Rotation of the Retribution Paladin
The basic rotation of the Retribution Paladin is as follows:
- Cast Wake of Ashes
- Throw Judgment
- Cast Hammer of Wrath
- Cast Crusader Strike at 2 charges
- Use Crusader Strike at 1 charge
- Cast Inquisition with at least 2 Holy Power
- Cast Templar’s Verdict.
You can use the recommended Addon ConRo for help with your rotation. it can be found in our Addons Guide here
- Avenging Wrath increases all damage, healing, and Critical Strike chance by 20% for 20 seconds
- Divine Shield makes you immune to all damage and loss of control effects for 8 seconds
- Lay on Hands heals a friendly target for an amount equal to your maximum Health
The stat priority for the Retribution Paladin is:
- Critical Strike
- Haste = Versatility = Mastery